Publish on Tuesday, 31 October 2017 in Culture
Passionate about architecture? Or about the cinema? Both?
We have the perfect visit for you.
Located on the Avenue des Gobelins, 2 minutes walking-distance from the Hotel des Ecrivains, get amazed with the wonderful façade sculpted by Auguste Rodin in 1869.
Your curiosity will lead you to cross a first door to find yourself in a patio where you will discover the impressive architecture signed Renzo Piano. It is a five-floors hull, covered with 5 000 spotlights.
Continue your way to get to the inside of this beautiful contemporary building, you are ready for the visit.
- An architectural guided tour, every Saturday at 12.00 PM: a visit of the entire building built by the famous architect Renzo Piano. Access to the fifth and last floor to discover the "glass shell", reserved for students and researchers on weekdays.
- Visit of the exhibition spaces with a session of silent films presented in a “movie-concert” way
- Discovery visit of the gallery of cameras and projectors to understand the technical evolution of it, from the cinematograph of the “Frères Lumière” to the devices for the amateur filmmakers, Saturdays 25/11/17, 27/01, 24/03, 05/05 and 09/06/2018. From 7 years old.
And for the children:
- Workshop "Raconte-moi la pellicule", after a small discovery course, the children will play the filmmakers by manipulating Pathé-Baby cameras and projectors. The workshop will end with a short projection of silent films presented in movie-concert. Duration: 1h30 - from 8 years old
- Workshop "Tout en couleur", to understand the different experiences that have been carried out in order to arrive at the cinema in color. Children will be led to color images on film. The workshop will end with a short projection of silent films presented in movie-concert. Duration: 1h30 – from 5 years old
- Workshop "Le Petit Cinématographe", told like a tale and accompanied by the piano, mixing paintings on glass and first silent films, this movie-show offers the opportunity to discover the beginnings of the cinema. A 1h15 show ending with a music lesson to introduce children to musical improvisation. From 6 years old
Timetables, Rates & Bookings